There always a tension doing devotions. I don't know what it is but its a common reaction. There are times when I just don't feel like it, or you worried over the quality of your devotion or even worry if you can get by without devotions. And sometimes we make excuses, I am to busy, too much things to do; school work. I can argue all the excuses but the reality when to come to devotions. We live in a sinful environment and is caught in the acts of either following my own instinct or following the spirit of God; his holy spirit. Reading Jude (wow not a book often heard) reminded me of who God is to me and brought me out of the blindness of following our own instincts.
But these people scoff at things they do not understand. Like unthinking animals, they do whatever their instincts tell them, and so they bring about their own destruction. Jude 1:10
These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God’s Spirit in them. Jude 1:19
I am reminded I am not an animals but actually heirs of God and creation that is made wonderfully and fearfully. Sometimes I think Darwin is right with evolution because actually as humans we do act like animals following our own instincts and selfish desires. But because of God's spirit who live in us, he mold us and there reminded us of our purpose. therefore I am not condition by the desire of the world but is free love my God and love others, not force. life is hard to live because of fallen world we live in but have courage there is hope in Christ and joy is found in him. I want to put my trust in God and faithfully follow him and remember his goodness in difficult circumstances. When I do devotions I am free to devote my time with God, not condition to do them because of the excuses or the worry-ness that entangles me from drawing closer to God. The devil may try to pull us away from God but remind him where he is going.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am praying for you right now James. May you find peace and joy while walking our life with God. I know that He is walking beside you right now, it is only the fact that if you realize it. I think all He wants from you is that you will turn your eyes to Him and smile back. It's not about "writing the good devotion" or anything.
ReplyDeleteI am learning too. Pray for you.