------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 Recap, 2010 Projection

2008 was a year of discovery to me. Through different exciting experiences, I started to discover and realize a bit more of myself and the true purpose of life. It was indeed incredible. He had opened my eyes and I think His salvation had truly come to me, according to His plan. (Read my 2008 recap to know more)

But then I asked myself, what is exactly His plan? I wasn’t sure, although now I realize that it is not important anymore, because no matter what the plan would be, I knew I should spend time to prepare myself, maybe develop a better habits or characters or friendships, so that I will have more space for something greater in my life. Therefore I chose “Equip” as my theme in 2009. I began my 2009 with this quote: “Dream Big, Start Small”. No matter what and how it takes, I wanted to know Him more. I began my 2009 with this prayer and mentality.

2009 has passed. I truly feel that time flies, life is short, and I should not waste it. When I look back this short year, I am truly grateful because He has indeed answered my prayer. Through different people, projects, and incidences, He has molded me to a better person spiritually, intellectually, and personally. I know there is still a long way to go, but I have no shame to conclude that 2009 was a good milestone in my life for my spiritual path as well as my career path and beyond.

2010 has begun. As I am looking at what is ahead this year, I think it can be exciting year, but yet it can also be a challenging one. As I will have a lot more commitments this year, I need to remember that life is all about love, His love. I know we tend to forget that especially when we are surrounded by so called “good work” in our life, and we are so easily deceived.

Remember; don’t waste my life in things that don’t really matter. I could be dead in any moment, and what would I gain after all? It should be love, because that’s what last forever. (1 Corinthians 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment