------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Have I filled with the Spirit constantly?

"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

How the bible describe about fellowship is not how most of us as Christian understand it. The bible doesn't describe fellowship as an event that is done in a certain time and place with certain people. Yes, we have fellowship with believers, but fellowship will not come if we don't have the fellowship with the father and with his son, Jesus Christ. Our fellowship should come from Him and Him alone.

One thing I also wondered, why John doesn't mention about the holy spirit when he talked about our fellowship is with the Father and the son, Jesus, but missing the Holy Spirit? Then the follow verses has popped in my head:

Jesus said: "I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment...When he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth." (John 16)

The Spirit is in us, and without him, I will not be guide into the truth; and God is the truth. It means, I can only have fellowship with the Father and the Son, only when we receive the Holy Spirit. There is NO OTHER WAY to have true fellowship.

Ephesians 5 says; "Be Filled with the Spirit". I have learn that in the Greek, it is written as both present imperative and in the passive voice. It means it is not something we have received once, but we have to constantly invite the Counselor into our life; otherwise we will keep on walking in the darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment