Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
(v2-6, NIV)
Love is another important ingredient for our lives. It is necessary if we wish to live worthy of our calling.
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
(1 Corinthians 13:1-3, NIV)
We are also called to live in peace and unity with one another. This is referring to the relations we have with other believers. This is the body, the church, not quarreling or fighting with one another. There should be no separation or division among the church, since we all serve the Lord Jesus Christ. We are all given one Spirit. We shouldn't fight with each other, but continue to bear one another in love. We are all part of the same body.
If you think about it, we really shouldn't be fighting. We are on the same side, and it doesn't make sense to fight with yourself. What good reason would you have to shoot your own foot? That is what we are doing when we fight and quarrel with other brothers and sisters. We are of the same body and have the same Lord and the same Spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment