------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Friday, December 11, 2009

Partaking in Christ

I woke up today with frustrating feeling. I don't know why these feelings happen time to time, but as I was walking down to the cafe for breakfast this morning I ask God to help me deal with it. I went back to bed praying and as I pray I felt God nudging toward something. I was praying for everyone, my family, friends, church etc and as I was praying I started to realized the importance of not only being involve in people lives through prayer but allowing God to be involve in our lives. Such a must thing to do as Christians, but also the hardest think to do. We are so pron to be selfish and self-reliance; something about frailty of how human we are and that we truly need a God to be in our lives.
I was reading John 13 Jesus wash his disciples feet, something about partaking in our relationship with Christ is so needed.

When Jesus came to Simon Peter, Peter said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”Jesus replied, “You don’t understand now what I am doing, but someday you will.” “No,” Peter protested, “you will never ever wash my feet!”Jesus replied, “Unless I wash you, you won’t belong to me.” Simon Peter exclaimed, “Then wash my hands and head as well, Lord, not just my feet!” v 6-9 NLT

unless I wash your you, you won't belong to me. Christ ask us to partake in himself the question for us is do we all Christ to partake in us. When we let Christ partake in us it leads us to follow up on his commandments that we so often failed at by ourselves.

"So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” v.34-35 NLT

This will be an ongoing battle. To let God rule us or the world. In are culture today we are face with so many things to pull us away. The advertisements, the image we need to portray, who we are to others by how we look and act. Don't lose hope, "Do not let your heart be troubled, trust in God, trust in Christ" Jn 14:1 (paraphrase). Know that Christ has overcome the world. know that sin is defeated. know that we are not stuck but free. A great reminder from one of my friends: "If the devil ever remind of your sins, remind him where he is going"

No comments:

Post a Comment