------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ephesians 2:1

I've been trying to memorize this lately and I wonder how would be the best way to describe this to a non-Christian. It's easier for us to understand in general that we used to be dead for those of us who are now alive. However, I guess it's difficult in general to tell someone who's dead that they're dead. They may even acknowledge their trespasses and sins, but it's quickly followed by a comparison with the rest of the world. Isn't that priding yourself in your moral standing compared to the sinfulness of others? Even in this act of admitting to sin one is still able to remain in their trespasses and sins. As followers of Christ and ones who used to be like that, we must not forget how we once were. We were dead, and we were no more deserving of being alive than those who are dead now.

No comments:

Post a Comment