Monday, April 25, 2011
James 1:5
You should ask God for wisdom, assuming you are lacking wisdom. I'd venture to say that all of us are lacking in wisdom, and those who say otherwise are unwise. Sometimes we may be afraid to ask for things. This isn't the same thing, but I've often heard teachers encourage students to ask questions. Sometimes, teachers will even say that "there is no such thing as a stupid question" to encourage people to not be afraid to ask questions. It is a bit different when asking to receive something rather than clarification on a question, though I guess you are asking to receive teaching or instruction of some sort. Sometimes we may fear not receive what we ask for. There can be various reasons for not receiving what we ask for. However, we do not need to fear because God gives generously to all. In addition, he gives generously without reproach. It's not like you'll be shamed in your request for wisdom. God will give generously and will not reproach you. This is really amazing and comforting. It makes me think that I should ask for wisdom all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment