Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
John 1:1-5
Sometimes when I am reading I catch myself how I am reading scripture. A selfish motive. I depicted scripture like "what is this message for me means?" There nothing wrong with that but sometimes I think we can miss the important think what scripture does. It transforms us. Not by our own term but by there (God) own term. If in scripture God comes like thief in the night, especially in the end times. I can help to see that God come like a thief always trying to changes us. And always it not what we expected.
This familiar verse of John 1 made me think as ask God "where that fire that keeps me excited when reading your word" Have I become so use to them that they don't challenge me?
Don't master the Word let it master you
No comments:
Post a Comment