"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
(Phil 3:10)
I started to ask myself, what if on one point in my life, I will become rich in what He has provided to me, would I still say and have the passion to say that "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection....sharing in his suffering....becoming like him in his death"? Once I started to think about that, I know my heart is drifting from the creator God to the created things.
I don't know about the future, but I should always remember the story of Job and Ruth. If you truly honor and love your God in all your heart and soul and mind, "no matter how bad things may be, goodness can exist, if we are willing to make the effort."[1] The "goodness" here is actually out of our human imagination what we can think of, yet, it is a choose if we are willing to take it. This action called faith.
Therefore, "one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Phil 3:13)
All of us who are mature should take such a view of things, but on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.
Indeed. Only let us live up what we have already attained. This is why life is called a journey, because we need to walk one step in a time so that we can discover more and more the goodness of God.
[1] Walter A. Elwell, ed., Baker’s Bible Handbook, p. 166
No comments:
Post a Comment