------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Monday, November 23, 2009

Eating Flesh and Drink blood. Wah!?

As I was reading John 6:26-71, a question occur to me. Why is Jesus confusing? In this story, in John, It was about Jesus saying:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. Jn 6:53-56(esv)

Very radical claim by Jesus. To his viewers it was, well, awkward. I think Jesus was deliberate about this. He wants his viewers to participate instead of giving an all one time answer. Those who have ears to hear and eyes to see let them hear and see.We ourselves understand what it means by his flesh and blood. And we probably can relate to Peter, who said:

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God." Jn 6:68-69

And indeed we partake in Christ. Because that where LIFE is. No one goes to god but through Christ.
I am curious to know what means what it like to eat Jesus flesh and blood (now I am crazy). But we cant come to scripture with thinking we already know the answer; rather, we let scripture transform us. I am seeking that transforming work. I gave up trying on my own strength to live this life. instead, I live my life for God and it starts by giving up and making room for him in cramp life(and we are not aware of it). What does it mean to have a spirit driven life? I want to start by being a child, not knowing anything but grasping Him. God, what does it mean to eat your sons flesh and drinking his blood?

No comments:

Post a Comment