------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lukewarm Christianity


"all in to Him like poker"

I was reading chapter 4 of the book Crazy Love these couple few days, and here is some note I would like to share.

Very often when the bible talks about how sinful or how fake some so called Christians are, the very first reaction for me is that "I am glad that it is not me", or I will reflect those behaviors to other people at church, rather then examine myself.

In this chapter, it talks about the lukewarm Christian. Lukewarm isn't mean they are not Christian, (well, maybe they gonna really need to examine if they are really) but they are not living the life what a Christian suppose to be. There are a few points from the book hits me and relate to me the most, so far:

- Lukewarm people say they love Jesus, and He is, indeed, a part of their lives. But only a part. They give Him a section of their time, their money, and their thoughts, but He isn't allowed to control their lives.
(Luke 9:57-62)

- Lukewarm people rarely share their faith with their neighbors, coworkers, or friends. They do not want to be rejoiced, nor do they want to make people uncomfortable by talking about private issues like religion.
(Matt 10:32-33)

- Lukewarm people love others but do not seek to love others as much as they love themselves. Their love of others is typically focused on those who love them in return, like family, friends, and other people they know and connect with. There is little love left over for those who cannot love them back, much less for those who intentionally slight them, whose kids are better athletes then theirs, or with who, conversations are awkward or uncomfortable. Their love is highly conditional and very selective, and generally comes with strings attached.
(Matt 5:43-47)
(Luke 14:12-14)

- Lukewarm people think about life on earth much more often than eternity in heaven. Daily life is mostly focused on today's to-do list, this week's schedules...


There are more and more that are really insightful to me. My question to myself and to all the pope so called them Christian is, if you truly love and know your God, how could you want to be a lukewarm Christian?

Do you ask "How far can I go before it's considered a sin?" instead of "how can I keep myself pure as a temple of Holy Spirit?". Do you ask "How much time should I spend praying and reading my Bible?" instead of "I wish I didn't have to go to work, so I could sit here and tread longer!"...

I don't know about other, but I know I do not want to be a lukewarm people. If I really believe in God, I will totally "all in to Him like poker". Lord, I pray that you can continue guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment