------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Monday, October 5, 2009

Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers -- Out of Egypt



This is how the Israelites response to trails, even though the Lord have shown thousands times of mercy and miracles. They tent to look back and compare to their old life. Though they forgot the wonderful promise from the Lord, and forgot He was, He is, He will, and He is always faithful.
This shows how harden the Israelites', as well as, human's hearts are.

They questioned the Lord when they saw difficulties beyond their abilities, the red see.
"They said to Moses, "Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt?"
(Exodus 14:11)

They questioned the Lord when they were suffering in the desert.
"The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat!"
(Numbers 11: 4)

They got discouraged when they saw their enemies.
"Why is the LORD bringing us to this land only to let us fall by the sword? Our wives and children will be taken as plunder. Wouldn't it be better for us to go back to Egypt?"
(Numbers 14: 3)




This is how God response to the Israelites every time when they questioned:

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery."(Exodus 20:2)... "I am the LORD who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy." (Leviticus 11: 45)... "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan and to be your God." (Leviticus 25: 38)... "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high." (Leviticus 26: 13)

I am thankful that you haven't letting us go. You are always there waiting for us, no matter how many times we have fail you. I pray that you will soften our heart.

Remember...."I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt"

No comments:

Post a Comment