------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Friday, September 4, 2009

Redemption Jeremiah 32

Today I was caught by by something pretty familiar in my readings. Redemption. As Christian we all know it meaning, the act of delivering from sin or saved from evil. And if you want to be very theological about it, Roman 3:24. But in Jeremiahs the it shows me a different way of looking at redemption.

This is what the LORD says: As I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will give them all the prosperity I have promised them. Once more fields will be bought in this land of which you say, 'It is a desolate waste, without men or animals, for it has been handed over to the Babylonians.' Fields will be bought for silver, and deeds will be signed, sealed and witnessed in the territory of Benjamin, in the villages around Jerusalem, in the towns of Judah and in the towns of the hill country, of the western foothills and of the Negev, because I will restore their fortunes, declares the LORD." Jer 32:42-44

I look it up in Google and found an obvious but interesting meaning to it:

"the act of purchasing back something previously sold"

I am reminded that God does owned us before hand ever since the time of creation but because of sin we are sold in to it. And now in Jeremiah, God is restoring Israel back despite the sin they are owned too. and some stuff Israel did was quit nasty

"They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline. They set up their abominable idols in the house that bears my Name and defiled it. They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molech, though I never commanded, nor did it enter my mind, that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin." Jer 32:33-34

I am starting to discover that it is a privilege to see who God is. In a bible school sometimes we learn about the facts who God is and we treat it like intellect instead of something that we should be in awe about. (there was a heated discussion about predestination last night in my dorm) Just reminding myself about redemption I think it puts me in a unworthy position because God paid me through His only son, Jesus Christ, who took the cost of what sins was owed to me. Something to remember how blessed we really are

No comments:

Post a Comment