------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Deception

Today I miss my devotion time because I didn't get enough sleep, so I slept in. I am starting to see the difficulties where keeping up in my relationships in Christ and even in my studies, but through God's grace he helps us even when I don't realizes.

Well today I could done homework but I instead I ended up going out with friends knowing tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I came back and are dorm was having a devotional meeting and we were studying in 1 peter, like I am. And through this devotion I learn deception that is from Satan.

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1peter 1:13

This challenge me. how often deception seeks by other things in life even our sins. Sometimes we go back to visit our sins because a sense of weakness in us and yea we are sinful people but through Christ there is victory. because of the cross Satan is defeated and sin is defeated. Never second guess and sometimes that the problem. I often think well I will eventually get to have victory over my sins. But the truth is that victory starts NOW because of Grace and what he done already.
I ask myself a question after this devotion what escapes my awareness what are things in my environment I am use to and don't notice, my default setting. Because the everyday life can be a deception and we can miss breathing and living the abundant life in Christ.

'I have come to give life and give it to the fullest'

No comments:

Post a Comment