A lot of things hit me in this passage that gave me hope to keep on going especially the career I am going into, Ministries. Though I have a direction where I want to to, youth pastor, I no idea where God is going to use me in.
Yesterday was a frustrating day. I hangout with my dad hoping to just spend time together, but instead it went bad. As we were discussing about what need for the school year in Briercrest, He starting interrogating me about why I am doing this. As I try to share my faith and what God is doing in my life and that the fact I am doing this for Him, my dad turn a deaf ear hearing all that. Instead he insisted I do what I wanted to do as a lay person and focus the priority in money because the world revolves around money and it is important that you are well financed so you will be set for life.
It's hard to show respected to my dad because sometimes when I listen to my dad, I can see what the world would have look like if God did not exist. Every time I listened to my dad, I get discourage and it seems like the plan that God wants me to go into is not smart. I will not give up on this. I rather die for God rather then to die for a secure life.
Today in my reading in gave some confidence to keep on going:
This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the LORD. ........
But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him........
The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
according to what his deeds deserve."..........
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise.
Jeremiah 17: 5, 7, 9-10, 14
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment