------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Justice belongs to our God - Jeremiah 11

I started already a Devotion in Jeremiah. usually when I start a Devotion on a book sometimes I never finished it and then move on to another book. this time I'll try to finished this book.

History lesson up front first. Israel has been a bad boys and girls and God is not happy. So he send his Prophets Jeremiah to prophesied judgment on them and ask them to change their ways. But nooooo Israel didn't want to listen. therefore God plot against Israel and Jeremiah finds himself being plot against the Israel.


Then the Lord told me about the plots my enemies were making against me. 19 I was like a lamb being led to the slaughter. I had no idea that they were planning to kill me! “Let’s destroy this man and all his words,” they said. “Let’s cut him down, so his name will be forgotten forever.”

20 O Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
you make righteous judgments,
and you examine the deepest thoughts and secrets.
Let me see your vengeance against them,
for I have committed my cause to you.


I find my self wondering If I will ever leave justice to the Lord when things seems so against me. Will I turn the other cheek. In this day and age in North America, being persecuted for you faith is unlikely. What kind of persecution we face? I think we are living in persecution, not physical but mentally speaking. like the lamb to slaughter, I feel I face of either being force in to be in today culture by what we should wear or what we should have but I am follower of Christ and I am in a flux of being change by the culture. My comforts, My way, My life when everything I am belongs to God. and it sometimes easy to say wide is the road is easy forget the narrow road. Where will I stand on this? God I want this all for you




No comments:

Post a Comment