------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God owes us nothing we owe him everything (Jer12)

Reading the next Jeremiah is hard book not everything you can read relates to tour life that easy. but does show a who God is really like.
Jeremiah is complaining to the LORD saying "why does the wicked prosper?" and in that time Israel is corrupted to the heart and keep in mind the people want to kill Jeremiah too. But what I find is interesting was God's response to all this. Yes God said by all means they deserve to die due there many great sins but....

15
But after I uproot them, I will again have compassion and will bring each of them back to his own inheritance and his own country. 16 And if they learn well the ways of my people and swear by my name, saying, 'As surely as the LORD lives'-even as they once taught my people to swear by Baal—then they will be established among my people.

God is has compassion and still gives a chance of repentance. I see that where Christ fills in that picture. I see that God took more of a risk to bring us back to him by allowing us to change. Sometimes I feel God owes me because I try so hard to his will, don't I deserved to get blessed? But then when I read this passage I realized He does not owe anything to me it the opposite, I owe him big time.

No comments:

Post a Comment