------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Friday, August 28, 2009

Jon Lam is back + apologize

I am sorry if you guys are wondering or worrying about me during the week. But no matter what, I am really encouraged especially by Chris. You keep writing the devotion EVERYDAY silently and patiently even you see I was slicking. Anyways, I think this is a very good training in terms of discipline and time managment to me. There is MUCH to learn.

Although I was slicking last week, mostly because I was being lazy, but I did spend time with God, on and off, and, partly because I wanted to take a "break" on writing (since it does not become my habit yet) and do some life reflecting. During those reflecting time, I also thought about my next direction on this devotion blog.

After briefly looked through the 1,2 Peter from the past month, I really didn’t know what should I do next on my devotion. Therefore, I took some time to read different books and listen to different sermons from different churches, trying to find out where is my next direction on this DMC2U (Draw Me Close To You). I tend to be systematic.

A couple days ago, I started listen to the series of sermon called “Trail” from Mars Hill Church. I was first introduced by my sister while listening to one sermon from the “Trail” series with her during a car ride to a family cottage last week. And since then I already completed the first two sermons from the series. I find that it is really insightful compare to my shallow devotions to 1,2 Peter last month. I think there are more to learn, and therefore I decided to complete the whole series as part of my devotion on DMC2U in the coming days.


No comments:

Post a Comment