------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Friday, March 26, 2010

Proverbs 3



"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favour and a good name in the sight of God and man." (vrs 2)

You can give up or lost a lot of things in life, could be my career, education, family, my life, but two thing can never leave you: love and faithfulness.

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,
but have not love, I gain nothing"
(1 Corinthians 13)

"And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?"
(Mark 8)

Therefore, no matter what you do or say, do it for the sake of love. If not, you rather not do it or keep silent. Don't be deceived.

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise."
(1 Corinthians 3)

The second thing is faithfulness:

There is time of doubt. Doubt about God, and His work. Doubt is the opposite of faithfulness, and it is the act of not trusting God, and it could also indicate a pride in our heart. Never doubt, we are only a dirt compare to the universe and even the creator who creates the universe. What gives us the right the fathom His work? "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust in me"
(John 14). Isn't He is th one who brought us out of darkness because He loves? Isn't He died on the cross for our sin?

"Trust in the Lord with all tour heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (vrs 5)


When you have love an faithfulness in our life, not just you will win God's favour, but also man.

"Then you will win favour and a good name in the sight of God and man" (vrs 3)



No comments:

Post a Comment