After reading "How to Study Your Bible" by John MacArthur, I got a new perspective how to read and learn from the bible. Those are new ideas to me and I sounds great to me and I want to try doing it.
"The secret things belong to the Lord our God." Deuteronomy 29:29. As in the conclusion of the articles says, we can only scratch the surface of the infinite mind of God, but even that is a worthy pursuit because He has given us His Word so we might know Him. Our purpose in learning the Word of God is not to have knowledge for its own sake. As Paul said, "Knowledge makes arrogant, but love edifies" (1 Corinthians 8:1). Our purpose is to know God, and to know God is to learn humility.
Our purpose is to know God through learning the Word of God, not to have knowledge for its own sake, but to learn humility and love.
In other word, reading the bible not to increase knowledge for our selfish purpose, but our purpose of life is to simply know God, so that we learn humility and love.
Here is my action plan:
- Continue my Old testament reading
- Read 1 John everyday for 30 days
- Reading --> Studying ("Gaps to Bridge", "Step to Follow") --> Meditating --> Teaching
I pray that God will be in this process and help me to know more about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment