Moo and I had some discussion on how to share the gospel to those who has never heard the bible last night. I know that the main message from the bible is God loves us, but our question was, how do we explain to the lose so they would know that God loves us?
I found it is really hard to explain God's love in logic or even in word. We explain love by action and in truth.
"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." (1 John 3)
What does it mean by love another in truth? I think God is so awesome, the next morning (a moment ago), I received an email from Rick Warren, and part of the email provides a lots of verses and evidence from the bible that explain God's love to us. That's what it means by love one another in truth. We love one another based on the truth from the bible.
Here are the evidence shows how do I know God loves me.
-God says he loves you (Psalm 145:9);
-You're never out of his sight (Psalm 139:3);
-He cares about every detail of your life (Matthew 10:30);
-He gave you the capacity to enjoy all kinds of pleasure (1 Timothy 6:17b);
-He has good plans for your life (Jeremiah 29:11);
-He forgives you (Psalm 86:5);
-He's patient with you (Psalm 145:8);
-He sacrificed his Son for you (Romans 5:8).
No comments:
Post a Comment