------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Assurance of Prayer

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." (1 John 5:14-15)

The word "if" is very important I found. It implies an active action. You have to ask God, pray for the needs concern about the kingdom. One of my best weakness is prayer. I doesn't earnestly pray to God for healing, for salvations of others. Yes, the Holy Spirit lives in me and do His works on others, but I also need to pray for the spiritual needs for myself and others. And the assurance from God is that He will answer, whatever we ask, IF we ask.

When trouble, we learn to pray to God again. Prayer is powerful, and this is one powerful way to experience God. I need to pray! Prayer at work, not human wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment