We are justified by grace. We are not justified by works. We don't work for all of this or any of this in any way. Justification comes by grace and grace alone. But what does this lead to? This leads to us to becoming heirs. We are to be put into a position of inheritance though we were not in that position before. Typically, children receive an inheritance, but what kind of child is not an heir at first but later becomes an heir? In Galatians Paul talks about this as well. We are adopted as sons and therefore are put into a position of heir. I can't relate or have a hard time understanding what it's like to be adopted, but I'm sure it's a good feeling to be adopted into a good family by good parents. Being without parents must be tough, but being adopted and saved from fatherlessness by a good dad I'm sure is a joy. What better dad is there than our God our father? I'm sure some of us are thankful for our earthly fathers. They are sinners too, so they make mistakes like everyone else. But God our father is the best and he is the one who adopts us as sons.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment