------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Psalms 51:14

Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,

you who are God my Savior,

and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

(v14, NIV)

David certainly has blood to be guilty for. He feels guilty for the blood of Uriah. He murdered him and he is at fault even though it was not his sword that delivered death to Uriah. When Nathan is speaking his rebuke to David, he plainly describes David as the one who is guilty and responsible for the death of Uriah. David is not hiding behind others, claiming to have not dealt the final blow. Yet it shames me to think of times when I try to do that. There are times when I play word games trying to weasel my way out of the guilt of sin. I try to shift the blame, claiming not to be the one who offered the answers even though I was the one who copied it. Perhaps I would suggest its okay because others are doing it, thus I feel less guilty. This is wrong and we are guilty for the blood we shed and the sins we commit. David knows this well and he is struck with the full weight of his sin by the guilt he feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment