------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Thursday, May 26, 2011

James 3:7-8

Now James starts talking about the ability to tame beasts. You can see how man has dominated the world and is able to tame all creatures great and small. In contrast, we are still unable to tame the tongue. It was said earlier to be like a fire which also originates from hell. Not only does it originate from hell, but it is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. All animals eventually have some sort of rest or sleep. During this time, they are more vulnerable and it is easier to catch them and I guess tame them. However, the tongue is a restless evil, making it more difficult to tame. It doesn't have a more vulnerable state like sleep for one to exploit. In addition, it is also described as being full of deadly poison. Poison is another dangerous thing a person must be wary of when dealing with animals. I'm not expert, but I can understand what the threat of poison means. Perhaps my concept of poison has been dulled by the numerous RPG's I've played where poison is simply cured by a common antidote item. This threat is serious, especially when you're face to face with something like a poisonous snake. Much caution is needed when dealing with the tongue since it is full of deadly poison. The tongue has the ability to kill you, and it has already claimed the lives of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment