------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Ephesians 6:21-24

So that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, Tychicus the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord will tell you everything. I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage your hearts.
Peace be to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.
Ephesians 6:21-24

I guess what Paul is saying here at the end of this letter tells his readers who Tychicus and why he's being sent.  He is a "beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord" and his purpose is to "tell you everything".  This fellow brother is to update the recipients of the letter about how things have been going for Paul.  Paul lays it out "that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage your hearts".  Not only is this for an information update, but his other purpose is to encourage their hearts.  I'm assuming that the encouragement comes from the update of how Paul and his group are doing, though that may or may not be entirely true.  In any case, we finally have reached the end of this book that I really do like.  In an odd set of circumstances, I find myself brought back to this book again.  In any case, praise God for him and his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment