------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Monday, March 28, 2016

Ephesians 3:7-9

Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God's grace, which was given me by the working of his power. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things,
-Ephesians 3:7-9

It's not as if Paul took charge on his own, taking it upon himself to tell others the gospel.  Well, yes, he does go around and tell others about Jesus.  But, I mean to say that it was originally and initially given to him by God's grace.  NLT puts it this way, "By God’s grace and mighty power, I have been given the privilege of serving him by spreading this Good News".  Spreading the gospel is a privilege and it is given by God's grace and power.  It is an act of service to God.  He instructs us in such a way and we honor and love him in obedience.  It's a sad thing when I cower away from spreading the good news, but it happens and I'm ashamed.

Paul tells us more about spreading the good news.  It is described as "the unsearchable riches of Christ".  How amazing is that?  How beautiful does that sound?  It is so sweet.  It is, as Paul tells us, "to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things".  It brings light to those who are in darkness.  We used to be in darkness and someone brought that light to us.  This certainly is a privilege, to serve God in this way and bring his light to others.

Paul even makes mention of his lowly state, saying "though I am the very least of all the saints".  It is such a great honor and grace to him that he has been given this privilege.  It's such a big deal to him considering that he sees himself as "the least of all the saints".  God would even look down to the least of all the saints and bestow upon him this privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment