------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Monday, January 25, 2016

Ephesians 1:15-16

For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers
-Ephesians 1:15-16

Paul begins by telling his readers "I do not cease to give thanks for you".  Why does Paul say such a thing?  Well, back up and we'll see in the previous verse that Paul tells us the reason, "because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints".  Merely hearing about their faith and love is what spurs Paul to ceaselessly be thankful for them.  That is pretty cool to say the least.  What Paul cares about is very important and it is important for us to note to make us aware of the things that we are thankful for.  Are we thankful for the faith and love of others?  Yes, Paul points out specifically that the kind of faith and love he is thankful for is the kind that is directed "toward all the saints".  I guess this is the kind of way a community of believers should be and it's the kind of thing that would be good to be excited and thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment