------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Philippians 2

I have been reading, but just not necessarily Blogging. Anyway, I decided to pick up Philippians in the pursuit of some sort of outline. I remember hearing about the focus on these two men, Timothy and Epaphroditus. Timothy is genuinely concerned for the welfare of others and Epaphroditus is obedient to the point of death. I was thinking more about Epaphroditus and wondering how obedient we really are. It is important to note that earlier in the chapter we see the first and best example of Jesus who was obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Playing hockey, there are often whining and complaining about the unfairness of a certain call the referee makes. However, are we not to submit and obey the authority of the referee who has been given the neutral position to judge and rule the game? Sure, they are fallible human beings who can make mistakes, but to deny their authority would be to undermine their entire existence in the first place. I guess there's a proper way to go about bringing up concerns and charges against the neutrality or fairness of a referee, but certainly not the way in which I see it happening sometimes. Either way, hockey is just a game. I certainly do hope that more importantly than that, we seek to honour and obey our heavenly Father. However, I guess that also includes obeying authorities over us, since that's what he mentions in his Word...

No comments:

Post a Comment