------ Draw Me Close to You ------
------ James Home ------ JonLam Home ------ midgetman Home------

Friday, November 6, 2015

Colossians 2:5

For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ.
-Colossians 2:5

Take notice to Paul's words here in this verse.  At first I was a bit confused as to the exact connection between this verse and the previous.  Since it begins with the word "for", it begs the question: "what is the connection with what came before?".  Looking into it, it seems fairly simple.  This seems like it is merely Paul's personal encouragement towards them.  He is not there, but he is encouraging them in this manner.  He doesn't want them to be deceived and is showing his earnestness and desires for them.  He is with them in spirit and wants to see them and their faith in Jesus.  There is probably more to it than that, but I don't know...

Thinking about it some more, it makes me think of the joy we should have with regards to seeing how people are doing.  Specifically, I'm talking about seeing how their faith is progressing.  As I ponder this, it makes me think of some brothers who I haven't seen in a long time because they're far away.  I do look forward to seeing them again and seeing their progression in the faith.  It's nice to see how the rest of their life is doing, things like their family or how their jobs are doing.  However, it's more exciting (and encouraging) to see the growth in their faith in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment